Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Race Report a little late!

Did my first tri on May 23. It was a ton of fun! Had CJ, Julie and Remi, Carmen and Jo for moral support, and it was many of their first tris as well.
SWIM:
Swim was 500 m in Foothills pool - a rolling start that was a little disorganized - they didn't announce which waves were starting when but it wasn't too bad. I was passed by 3 in a group, but then passed one person myself. Max 4 in a lane, my time in the swim (included entry/exit of water but no transition) was 12:53, or 2:53 per 100 m. I felt kind of sluggish on first 4 laps, so not surprised it was a mite slow. No warmup didn't help. I was 187th out of the water (out of 314).

T1: Swam in tank top, bra and compression shorts. This worked well. Brought towel to pool, wrapped in in on way out. Sat and put on tights, socks and shoes. Removed tank and put on dry shirt, then jacket. No falling over - YAY!

BIKE:
Bike was 4 x 4 km laps around UofC, rolling hills and flats. Was quite chilly on first lap. Could have used gloves as it was only about 3-4 C. I could have pushed harder on the bike. I was not tired at all after the bike. Only problem was that my feet and left hand went completely to sleep. I was 279th after the bike, finishing it in 52:29 (this includes T1 and T2) for an average pace of 18.3 kph, quite slow.

T2: Very easy, just shoes off/on - speed laces rock! Handlebars on my PITA bike were a bit of a problem, as they stick out so far.

RUN: Run was 3.3 km, with 3 x 1 km loops, 1 hill down, 1 up. First km was hell due to sleeping feet. Ditched jacket with DH after first km. By the end of the 3 km, I felt that I could have done at least 1 more km. I was 287th after the run, with a time for 3.3 km of 25:53, or an average of 8:38 per km. By my Nike+ though, I was under 8 min per km. Pretty happy with the run.

I was expecting to take 90 mins for the tri, I did it in 91:14, so pretty much bang on! The after lunch at our house was SO much fun. And I was not too stiff on Monday, pretty much back to normal on Tuesday. Ready to get training for the next one! Strathmore Women's only, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment